Water Aerobics Great way to get in shape without all the impact stressors associated with land programs. A variety of classes will be offered from aggressive programs to “gentle.” Unless specifically noted all aquatic aerobics classes are Drop-In Classes.
Lap swim is free to all members and day pass users. Number of lanes available may be reduced depending on Aquatics programming. During heavy use, lanes may be designated for circle swim only (always on the right side of the lane). Lanes will be designated as slow, intermediate and fast, allowing multiple users per lane. See Aquatics Schedule for specific Lap Swim times.
Open Swim Open to all. Age 13 and above allowed without parent. Free to all members and day pass holders. Adult guardian required for children 12 and under. All Non-swimmers in the pool must have an adult guardian within arm’s reach at all times. Proof of swimming ability may be required at any time by staff. All children must pass swim test for use of lap pool (see aquatics office for details). All open swimming is free to members and day pass users.
• At all times, all non-swimmers must be within an arm’s reach of an accompanied adult (17+).
• Pools subject to closure at the discretion of the Lead Lifeguard for issues including, but not limited to: maintenance, contamination, or weather.
• Inclement Weather Protocol – pools are closed during the following conditions:
– Rain storms with hail, lightning, thunder, wind and/or severe weather alerts
– When the air temperature is below 55°F/the water temperature is below 76°F. Kerrville Time and Temperature: (830) 257-3030 – ONLY when Inflatable Dome not installed.
– Maintenance or repair work that requires immediate attention.
LEVEL 1 – INTRO TO WATER SKILLS
This course begins to develop positive attitudes, good swimming habits and safe practices in and around water.
Ages: 3‐5 years
Sessions and Times TBD
LEVEL 2 – FUNDAMENTAL AQUATIC SKILLS
Gives participants success with fundamental skills, including learning how to float without support and return to the vertical position.
Ages: 6 and up
Sessions & Times TBD
LEVEL 3 – STROKE DEVELOPMENT
Builds on the skills in Level 2 by providing additional guided practice and stroke development in deeper water.